This is to inform the general public that Admission into Umar Suleiman College of Education, Gashua (USCOEGA) for the 2020/2021 academic session has commenced.
Admission Requirements for USCOEGA Post-UTME Form 2020/2021 | Pre-NCE, NCE & Degree
Entry Qualification for NCE Programmes
Candidates wishing to be considered for addmission to the three-year NCE programme must write the Polytechnic and Colleges of Education Matriculation Examination (PCE) in subjects relevant to the proposed course of study.
Candidates must in addition to attaining an acceptable level of performance at the PCE, meet the following minimum standards in not more than two of these examinations:
- GCE ‘O’ Level, SSCE in at least 5 subjects at one sitting three(3) of which must be at credit level of four credits at two sittings.
- A Grade II Teaching Certificate with credits or merit passes in at least three (3) subjects.
- For candidates wishing to offer courses in Vocation and Technical Education, RSA or City and Guilds Intermediate Certificate or the Federal Craft Training Certificate with Credit/Merit in at least four subjects are acceptable qualifications.
- Associateship Certificate in Education awarded by an approved institution in Nigeria or abroad is also acceptable qualification
- Sucessful candidates in the Pre-NCE final Examinations organised by acredited body would also be qualified for admission.
Candidates should note that at least:
- Two (2) of the credits must be relevant to the propoased course of study
- A pass in English Language is required for all courses.
- A Pass in Mathematics is required for all Science-based courses, Social Sciences and Business Education
Entry Qualification for Pre-NCE Programmes
Pre-NCE Business Education
- TWASC/GCE O Level/SSCE with 4 passes at a sitting or 5 passes at two sittings including English Language, Mathematics and Business related subjects
- Teachers Grade II Certificate with at least a pass in English Language, Geography or Social Studies
- TWASC/GCE O Level/SSCE with 4 passes at a sitting or 5 passes at two sittings including English Language or English Literature, Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba or French
- A complete Teachers Grade II Certificate ( must have passes in one of the above subjects)
Pre-NCE Science and Vocational Subjects
- TWASC/GCE O Level/SSCE with 4 passes at a sitting or 5 passes at two sittings including English Language, Mathematics and two other relevant Science subjects
- A complete Teachers Grade II Certificate with passes in English Language, Science and any other Science related subject such as Agricultural Science, Applied Biology, Home Economics etc.
Entry Qualification for Degree Programmes: The Programmes will run for both 100 and 200 Levels (Part I and Part II)
100 Levl Applicants (Part One)
- Applicants with pass in NCE, in adition to five (5) credits in “O Level”
- Holders of Diploma Certificates (HND/OND/ND) Should have minimum of lower credits, plus fiv(5) credits in “0” level
- Appicants must have sat for UTME and scored a minimum of 180 points
200 Levl Applicants (Part One)
- Applicants require an NCE, with minimum of MERIT, in addition they must possess five (5) credits in “O” level.
NB: All applicants require credits in English and Mathematics and any other three relevant subjects
Method of Application for USCOEGA Post-UTME Form 2020/2021 | Pre-NCE, NCE & Degree
All interested applicants seeking admission into PRE-NCE and NCE programmes should pay the sum of N2000 into the college
Acct. No 0027838162 with Union Bank Plc Gashua Branch and obtain a bank teller for onward submission to the office of the academic secretary to obtain the form. All duly completed forms should be submitted to the office of the academic secretary, please.
In the same vein, all interested applicants seeking admissions into Degree programme should pay the sum of N 3000 at Micro-Finance Bank, Gashua Branch with the following details.
i. Account name : Degree Programme Account
ii. Account Number: 0305009127
All duly complete Degree forms should be submitted to the office of the Director, Degree Programme with all necessary Documents, and the acknowledgement card, please.