REMINDER: UNILORIN RULES REGARDING DRESSINGS
UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN DRESS CODE
All students are hereby reminded that there is a DRESS CODE put in place by the
University which must be observed. The University is determined to continue to
impact positively on students not only intellectually but also morally in pursuit of its commitment to the development of TOTAL MAN.
To this end, it will award its degrees to only deserving students who have been found
worthy not only in learning but also in character. Students are, therefore, strongly
advised to exhibit good behavior and dress decently at all times
MALE STUDENTS SHOULD NOTE THAT;
- The hair should be neat and well-combed at all times.
- The hair should not be colored (except if it is a natural color).
- The hair should be well-kept and groomed always.
- Haircuts should not carry inscriptions.
- Curled hair is not acceptable.
- Artificial dreadlocks, plaiting, weaving, or braiding of hair are not acceptable.
- Artificial beards must be well-kept.
FEMALE STUDENTS SHOULD NOTE THAT;
- Weaving, plaiting, braiding, fixing and wig are acceptable.
- Hair extensions with colors such as Blue, Green, White, Yellow, Red, Pink,
and Purple, or a combination of any of these colors are not acceptable.
- Hair must be neatly packed and weaved.
- The hairstyle should not carry inscriptions.
- All wears must be below the knee level.
- Pencil trousers are allowed but must be complemented with tops that cover
the butt line.
- All traditional and corporate wears that do not reveal sensitive parts of the
body are acceptable.
The mode of dressing of a student speaks volumes about him or her. In other words,
one’s appearance influences people’s perception of one’s person. Students should, therefore, always dress responsibly to command respect. All students must refrain from wearing INDECENT CLOTHINGS, if they must be accorded respect and protect their dignity.
EVERY STUDENT MUST HANG STUDENT I.D. CARD ON HIS/HER
You are hereby required to note that the following constitute inappropriate modes of
dressing that will not be tolerated in the University environment (including Lecture
Hall, Library, Laboratories, Examination Venues, Seminar Rooms, Faculties and
Administrative building as well as in the University Vehicles)
- Dress that exposes any sensitive parts of the body (e.g., cleavage, chest, back,
navel, thigh, and armpit).
- Tight-fitting wears.
- Transparent/see-through wears.
- Tattered Jeans/Ripped Jeans
- T-shirts with obscene inscriptions, depicting immorality, hooliganism,
- Indelible markings and body tattoos by male students.
- Leggings/Jeggings trousers with short top.
- Skimpy dresses (e.g., Spaghetti, Camisole only, body hugs, topless blouse,
10.Bathroom slippers not acceptable within the administrative and academic
13.Wearing of earrings by male students.
14.Rumpled and dirty clothes.
15.Skin/ear piercing by male students.
16.Dread, Galax, Fadeout, and Rough Coil Haircuts, Unkempt Appearance.
17.Hair plaiting or weaving by male students.
Some Faculties and Departments have prescribed Dress Codes for their students.
Students in such Faculties or Departments are expected to comply with such Codes.
Violation of the Dress Code as prescribed by the University is a serious act of
misconduct that shall attract a stiff penalty. In addition to paying for snapshots and
a fine of Two thousand Naira (N2,000.00) only, Violator(s) shall be given a strong
warning and/or may be made to appear before the Students’ Disciplinary Committee.
THE WAY YOU DRESS ADDRESSED DETERMINES THE WAY YOU ARE
* You will receive the latest news and updates on from TEAM PLATO REPORTS
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT UNILORIN POST UTME – TAIWO OLALERE O. (PREMIER)
SECTION A 🔥 A Must Read For All UNILORIN Aspirants. ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT UNILORIN POST UTME –…
Subscribe to get latest news from Team Plato directly in your mail